Friday 26 February 2010

Exercise - irregular verbs in the past simple

Examples of past simple:

I saw him yesterday I didn't (did not) see him yesterday Did you see him?



Complete each of the following by putting the verb in brackets ( ) into the past simple.
Example: I (see) Michael yesterday.

I (see) George last week - he looked very well.

Seven people (ring) while you were out.

I (leave) my mobile phone at home this morning. I had to go back.

Dinner was great. We (have) salmon and lobster.

I (tear) my shirt when I fell off my bike.

I'm think you misunderstood me. I (mean) 'bed' not 'bird'!

I (hurt) my leg playing football yesterday. I can't walk very well today.

Pedro (teach) me to speak Spanish in a year. He was a great teacher.



For checking answers and source: http://www.speakspeak.com/html/d3a002_english_grammar_exercise_beginners_irreg_verbs.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment